I have been traveling NON-STOP if you couldn’t tell by my Instagram @LEXNIKO. Because of that I figured it was long overdue to provide a little travel guide to packing with style whether you’re going on a weekend getaway or beyond.
1. Layers are your friend. I tend to pack a large carry on bag that I then will put my handbags in that I’ve packed for the trip. I’ll be sure to add an oversized scarf or cardigan that could double as a blanket on the plane. I always either pack or carry a neutral jacket that can go with the majority of my outfits.
2. Make a list, check it twice! Whether I am planning specific outfits or creating a general shell of what to pack, I always make a list. I’ll organize it by day and what I assume I’ll wear based on certain activities, if we’ll be poolside or a generic outfit or two for those unplanned events. Organizing prior to your pack makes it a lot less stressful in the long run, I promise!
3. But if you forget something, don’t fret. You’d be surprised how many cities you travel to have local affordable stores, or even the familiar HM, Gap or Zara locations. Weather suddenly changed? Rain got you down? Don’t worry, and don’t panic, you will be able to find something in a pinch with a simple call to the concierge or Google search.
4. Pack items that travel well. Natural fibers like silk, cotton, rayon and linen are lightweight and easy to fold. I love packing button down blouses and neutral bottoms in these materials that I can mix-and-match for longer travels. I always travel with a hat and just carry it on the plane because I am prone to feeling a little lightheaded in the sun! And when it comes to shoes, I need a pair of comfy flats or sandals, a neutral and black heel that I can repeat and maybe if I have the space a really gorgeous statement shoe for a big event or night out.
5. Comfort is key. When I am flying I need to have a comfy outfit especially during long flights. These Sanuk flats are insanely comfortable and easy to walk in. Plus they double as a great pair of shoes for when you’re touring a new city. While this set is colorful, what I love about a set of good flats is that it will go with a black maxi dress or paired outfit like this cute set of white shorts and a grey sweatshirt.
Do you have any travel tips or tricks? Feel free to share below!
*This post was sponsored by Sanuk Footwear. All opinions are my own.